The following Code of Conduct must be followed by every Leader. Failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct regarding Leaders can result in a permanent ban from participating in Social Trading as a Leader, a ban from all social features within Shrimpy, and can result in forfeiture of pending Leader Fees. All rules apply to the Leader Chat Threads, your Journal and private interactions with Support.
- No malicious trading. Your followers will not be used in pump and dump schemes. Shrimpy has safeguards to prevent this, but attempting to do so will result in a permanent ban without warning.
- Billing issues with followers should be redirected to the Shrimpy support. Leaders should not get involved with billing issues beyond directing the follower to contact our support team. Since leaders don't have the ability to check logs for followers, they will not have enough information to determine if there is an issue.
- Do not leverage your community against the Support team. We have a limited number of support agents who are required to help with multiple tickets simultaneously. Flooding the support team with tickets that are all the same request slows the Support process down for everyone and does not result in a quicker resolution.
- Leaders are not to direct followers to request refunds for leader fees that have already been paid to the leader. Once the leader has been paid for their fees, we cannot provide refunds to followers because the funds have already been received by the leader.
- Leaders are prohibited from scalping followers from other Leaders. If you are a better trader, your performance will show it and followers will see it. If you have an issue with your performance, you can contact Support and we will investigate.
- Leaders shall not send intentionally provocative or derogatory messages to other leaders. Leaders must remain professional in their discussions across all social chats on Shrimpy.
- No shilling other companies, projects, or products. This includes personal trading bots.
- No threatening Shrimpy with bad publicity. We are not able to fully please every customer every time we interact with them. Sometimes we are not able to fulfill requests made to us, and while we understand that can be an unpleasant experience, we do not feel threatening our reputation is a proper response nor do we feel people with this motivation are suitable as Leaders.
Leaders have become an integral part of the Shrimpy application. They provide a robust community of traders that can be leveraged for new ideas, portfolio following, and discussing strategies.
To continue providing a healthy community, there are some rules and restrictions we have put into place for leaders. These rules are designed to maintain a high standard of quality for the leaders on Shrimpy.
Users that decide to follow a leader are relying on that leader to provide the highest level of care possible when managing their portfolio. It's a tall order, but our team wants to make sure leaders are striving to constantly improve and support their communities.
For this reason, we have begun enforcing a requirement that leaders must remain active on the Shrimpy platform to continue operating as a leader. If a leader has not logged into their Shrimpy account for 30 days, the leader will be removed from the social program and all followers will automatically stop following the leader.
When this inactivity event is triggered, both leaders and followers will be notified that the leader is no longer active on the Shrimpy platform.
When being a social leader, Shrimpy requires a valid API connection to your exchange account at all times. That means if our access to your exchange account is revoked at any time, the permissions must be restored as quickly as possible.
There will be a short grace period to provide leaders an opportunity to restore their API connection, but it won’t be more than a few days. Once Shrimpy detects a leader that has invalid API keys, the leader will be contacted through email.
If the API connection is not restored, the leader will be removed from the social trading tab and all followers will automatically stop following the leader. During the removal process, followers will be notified through email that their leader is no longer a leader in Shrimpy.
Similar to the requirements outlined in "API Keys", leaders must maintain their status as a premium subscriber in Shrimpy at all times. If the leader stops being a premium subscriber at any time, they will have a short grace period to renew their subscription.
During the grace period, we will notify the leader that they must renew their premium subscription to remain a social leader. If the leader does not restore their premium user status, the leader will be removed from the social trading tab and all followers will be notified. During the removal process, followers will be disconnected from the leader and they will no longer follow the future actions of the leader.
Premium subscriptions are required because Shrimpy currently only trades for premium customers. Without the ability to trade, followers will not receive the benefits of a robust portfolio strategy.
Shrimpy automatically tracks every trade that is made through the Shrimpy platform. This tracking is necessary to ensure we are providing the highest quality of order execution, as well as ensure our leaders are taking care of their followers.
If Shrimpy detects malicious trading activity from a leader, we will ban the leader without refund. Shrimpy customers and community are the highest priority for us. We will remain diligent in monitoring the activity of all leaders on the platform.
When a leader is removed from the social tab, that means followers will no longer get the automated portfolio changes from the leader. In this case, the followers must either start following a new leader or start a custom automation strategy to begin automating their portfolio again.
Leaders should be aware that none of these restrictions will affect the way that their portfolio is managed by Shrimpy. These restrictions only apply to the social portfolio management features.
For example, even if you are inactive for 6 months, Shrimpy will never stop rebalancing your portfolio. Like clockwork, we will constantly maintain your portfolio as you have requested. However, that doesn’t mean you can remain a leader, since you wouldn’t be abiding by our “Activity” restrictions.
Have questions, comments or concerns? Feel free to reach out to us via the blue "Support" button found in the bottom left corner of your Dashboard, or send an email to Support@Shrimpy.io.