- Shrimpy will use 100% of your exchange funds for your rebalances unless your funds are segmented into portfolios. That means all of the assets you own on the exchange linked to Shrimpy will be traded in order to construct the portfolio you built in Shrimpy. If you don't want an asset to be traded, you must move the funds you don't want to be traded to a separate portfolio using the "Manage Portfolios" feature. Learn how to separate your funds into multiple portfolios.
- If a deposit is made to your exchange account, this gets included into your default portfolio within the next 15 minutes. That means if you have threshold rebalancing enabled on your default portfolio, it will likely trigger a rebalance on the deposit. It also means a scheduled rebalance will pick up these newly added balances and move them into your Shrimpy allocations. (This point applies to users who automate their default portfolio. If your default portfolio is not automated, then Shrimpy will just add the deposited balances into your default portfolio) Learn more about the default portfolio.
- Balance data on the dashboard is updated every 15 minutes. Threshold rebalancing also determines if it should trade during the balance data update every 15 minutes. If you make a deposit to the exchange, that means it can take up to 15 minutes to see these changes in your account. This will not cause problems with rebalancing since we always check your balance before we execute any trades.
- Adding a cold storage balance does factor into your allocations for the portfolio. That means if you rebalance your portfolio, Shrimpy will pretend you actually own the cold storage balances on the exchange and execute the rebalance as if you own those balances. Learn more about cold storage on Shrimpy.
- Starting your first automation means it is live. Shrimpy will immediately start executing the started automation. Activating a leader will also immediately rebalance your portfolio to match your leaders. Shrimpy will also continue to update your portfolio as the leader updates their portfolio.
- Only one automation can be activated for each portfolio at a time. Activating a different automation or leader for a portfolio will deactivate the previous automation.
- You can link multiple exchange accounts to your Shrimpy account. Switching between the accounts can be done in the top right corner drop-down. These separate accounts share no information between the accounts. That means executing a strategy on one exchange account has no impact on another exchange account. Learn how to manage multiple exchange accounts.
- Using the "Indexing" feature in Shrimpy is dynamic. That means assets will be added or removed automatically from your allocations when the market caps of the assets change. If you don't want this to happen, then use static automation strategies by selecting "Add Asset" on the allocations page. How to use the dynamic indexing feature.
- The way to disable rebalancing is to set your rebalance period to "Never", disable your automation by clicking "Stop Automation" on the automation page, or set trading to "PAUSE" by clicking on the trading icon at the top of your Shrimpy page.
- If you are unsure about anything at any time, contact support at email@example.com. We are always ready to help you get your questions answered and make sure you have a pleasant time using Shrimpy.
Want to learn more? Check out this video tutorial of Shrimpy.
Have questions, comments or concerns? Feel free to reach out to us via the blue "Support" button found in the bottom left corner of your Dashboard, or send an email to Support@Shrimpy.io.