Before you begin enjoying the Shrimpy application, there are a few things you should know about how Shrimpy works.
- Shrimpy will use 100% of your exchange funds for your rebalances. That means all of the assets you own on the exchange linked to Shrimpy will be traded in order to construct the portfolio you built in Shrimpy. If you don't want an asset to be traded, you must use the blacklist feature.
- If a deposit is made to your exchange account, this immediately gets included into your portfolio. That means if you have threshold rebalancing enabled, it will likely trigger a rebalance on the deposit. It also means a scheduled rebalance will pick up these newly added balances and move them into your Shrimpy allocations.
- Balance data on the dashboard is updated every 15 minutes. Threshold rebalancing also determines if it should trade during the balance data update every 15 minutes. If you make a deposit to the exchange, that means it can take up to 15 minutes to see these changes in your account. This will not cause problems with rebalancing since we always check your balance before we execute any trades.
- Adding a cold storage balance does factor into your allocations unless those balances are also blacklisted. That means if you rebalance your portfolio, Shrimpy will pretend you actually own the cold storage balances on the exchange and execute the rebalance as if you own those balances.
- Saving your first portfolio or activating a portfolio means it is live. Shrimpy will immediately start executing the saved strategy. Activating a leader will also immediately rebalance your portfolio to match your leaders. Shrimpy will also continue to update your portfolio as the leader updates their portfolio.
- Only one strategy can be activated at a time. Activating a different strategy or leader will deactivate the previous strategy. There is no way to specifically deactivate a portfolio. Simply activate another strategy instead.
- You can link an unlimited number of exchange accounts to your Shrimpy. Switching between the accounts can be done in the top right corner drop-down. These separate accounts share no information between the accounts. That means executing a strategy on one exchange account has no impact on another exchange account.
- Using the "Indexing" feature in Shrimpy is dynamic. That means assets will be added or removed automatically from your allocations when the market caps of the assets change. If you don't want this to happen, then use static portfolios by selecting "Add Asset" on the allocations page.
- The way to disable rebalancing is to set your rebalance period to "Never" or set trading to "PAUSE" by clicking on the circle icon at the top of your Shrimpy page.
- If you are unsure about anything at any time, contact support at [email protected] We are always ready to help you get your questions answered and make sure you have a pleasant time using Shrimpy.
Thank you for using Shrimpy! We look forward to helping you automate your crypto portfolio. If you want to get the full experience, don't forget to join our telegram at https://t.me/shrimpygroup.